DevOps automation for faster customer on-boarding
Microland’s solution enables rapid go-to-market through a ~ 98% reduction in development wait times for a leading smartphone handset insurance company.
The client’s lengthy processes were optimized by implementing and integrating DevOps tool-chains and workflows that reduced provisioning times, errors and costs.
- ~98% reduction in development wait times
- $1,404,000 reduction in annual provisioning costs
The client is a US-based company providing insurance for smartphones to consumers in 14 countries worldwide.
The client needed an efficient customer onboarding process to cope with the increasing demand for smartphone handset insurance and the pressure on billing. Non-scalable, lengthy and non-coherent processes across global locations and teams were leading to inefficiencies and long release cycles of new products.
To meet growing customer demand and improve product release cycles, Microland provided the following services, taking into consideration 29 global datacenters, 7,000+ virtual machines and 20 different server environments:
- Built, integrated and automated DevOps tool-chains for provisioning processes
- Defined and built DevOps workflows for customer onboarding and application release processes
- Automated redundant tasks associated with provisioning and application releases
The client achieved better customer experience, higher agility, enhanced predictability and cost effectiveness through DevOps automation. The solution:
- Reduced go-to-market wait times by ~98%
- Enabled cost savings of $1,404,000 for annual provisioning
- Reduced process errors
- Established better collaboration among teams
- Significantly increased resource utilization