Last Updated: 10-06-2022
At Microland we recognize the importance of privacy, security, and data protection. As a global organization we strive to protect personal data across our operations through consistent deployment of best practices, policies, and procedures.
We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Our Privacy Principles
Microland is committed to the following principles to govern its use, collection, and transmission of Personal Data:
- Personal Data shall only be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal Data shall be obtained only for specified, explicit, lawful, and legitimate purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed.
- Personal Data shall be accurate, complete, and current as appropriate to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed.
- Personal Data shall not be kept in a form which permits identification of the Data subject for longer than is necessary for the permitted purposes.
- Personal Data including sensitive data shall not be collected or processed (Storing, Transmitting, Retaining or Disposing) unless:
- The Data subject has provided a valid, informed consent
- Processing is necessary for the performance of services agreed to, by Microland, with its third party/business partner or as part of the employment lifecycle
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a Microland legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject
Collection and Use of Personal Information
This Privacy statement addresses our website visitors, users of our tools/platforms and all individuals who connect with Microland for legitimate business purposes.
We may ask you for your personal and business information such as name, address, email address, designation, organization, country you belong to and other details that are necessary to help us provide better experience on our website as well as on our products and services. We assure you of confidentiality of the information shared with us.
Microland also gathers individual’s business contact information like name, designation, email id, phone no, and address either from public sources, or from third party data providers for direct marketing.
We send e-mail, or call or mail our client, prospects, or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
In the event, that you wish to opt out of our marketing communications please use the unsubscribe link in the email you receive from us or follow the instruction in such communications. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications or to have your personal data removed from our CRM databases, by contacting us at email@example.com
As a data processor, we process personal information to comply with contractual obligations while delivering services to our customer (who determine the nature and scope of processing as data controller).
Legal Basis of Processing
When we process personal data, we do so based on consent and/or as necessary to provide features on our website and products and services, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests of Microland.
When you use our tools and services, we would need to process your personal information to create a user ID where necessary and to provide better usability, troubleshooting and maintenance.
We process your personal information when required for a legitimate purpose of business interest such as marketing our services, and /or third-party services necessary for our business operations, while ensuring that the interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. We may need to:
- identify you in future after you register on our website
- contact you and respond to your queries or requests
- provide access to preferred content
We process your personal information with your consent for the following purposes:
- To offer employment and
- To perform activities related to employment lifecycle.
Impact of Not Providing Personal Information
If you are not willing to provide personal information, which is mandatory to process your request, we may not be able to fulfill the requests and associated processes.
Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Information
Any personal information collected by us is not disclosed to anyone except on a need-basis within our company or to authorised third-party service providers in order to enable them to provide you the service requested/ agreed. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect personal information on our behalf. Personal information may also be disclosed where expressly required under a law.
In general, Microland Limited head-quartered in India, is the Data Controller processing your personal information. We do not sell data or use it for any unauthorised purpose.
In case of our service delivery contracts, we perform the role of Data Processor to process personal information on behalf of our customer. In either case, we may transfer personal information to other countries as required for performance of contracts and legitimate business interests in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may also disclose personal information if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or users.
Microland may transfer personal information across geographical borders to entities or service providers in other countries working on our behalf in accordance with applicable law.
Wherever your personal information is held by us or on our behalf, we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the information that you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Our website as well as our products and services are not intentionally designed to collect information of children. However, in the event of Microland becoming aware of collection of children’s personal data without adequate consent from the parents/guardians, we will take necessary actions to delete/purge the data.
Rights of Data Subject
Subject to the laws of your country, you have the right to:
- be informed about the collection and the use of your personal data
- access your personal data and supplementary information
- have inaccurate/incomplete personal data rectified
- erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances
- restrict processing in certain circumstances (including the choice to opt out of disclosure of your personal data to a third party)
- data portability, which allows you to obtain and reuse the data across different services and for your other purposes
- object to processing in certain circumstances
- withdraw consent (where we have taken consent)
- raise a grievance to the relevant supervisory authority
You may send a request to address any of the above rights, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Data Privacy Office will address such requests in a timely manner. However, please note that there are limitations to these rights, certain circumstances may not allow us to comply with the request, and if the request is manifestly unfounded or repetitive, we may apply reasonable charges to cover the administrative costs. If we are unable to address your request, we will provide you with the reason for refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon.
If you are a California Resident, more information about applicable Rights is described below.
California Residents Privacy Rights
California residents are provided with specific rights regarding their personal information. This addendum explains those rights. For specific details on the categories of personal information we collect, how we use that information, and the sources from which we collect that information, please refer to the Microland Privacy Statement.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not sell data or use it for any unauthorised purpose.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
California residents who provide personal information to obtain our products or services are entitled to request and obtain from us, once in a calendar year, information that we shared with third parties, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information.
You have the right to request Microland for disclosure of information to you about our collection and use of your personal information. Once we receive the request and confirm your verifiable identity, you can request for:
- The categories of and specific personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
Should you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, Microland will not discriminate against you in any way.
To exercise any of the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by sending an Email at: email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request. We will not respond to your request if we cannot verify your identity and confirm that the requested personal information relates to you.
Microland maintains technical and organizational measures to safeguard data and personal information, implementing reasonable and appropriate controls, procedures and guidance considering the risks associated with the processing that we undertake.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is required for the purpose it was collected or if is needed in order to comply with our global legal, regulatory, and contractual obligations.
Links to External Websites
Feedback and Grievance addressal
All concerns received or incidents reported shall be investigated and tracked to closure by Microland. If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices or this Privacy statement or any concerns about the use of your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Address: Microland Limited, 1B, RMZ Ecospace, Bellandur, Bengaluru – 560 103, India.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Modifications to this statement may be necessary, to comply with applicable regulations and/or to accommodate organizational changes, evolving legislations and business requirements. Latest version of the statement will be posted on the Microland website.