Digital workplace trifecta: innovation, productivity, and cost optimization
Microland’s workplace solutions leveraged automation and continuous improvement processes to deliver enhanced user experience and boost productivity for a multinational consulting firm
The client wanted its workplace enhancement program to be led by a technology partner that had the ability to deliver innovation along with reductions in cost of IT support. Microland, with its mature processes and extensive expertise in workplace technologies, made a perfect fit for the requirement.
▼30% reduction in TCO for messaging and mobility infra management
▲100% service availability achieved
The client is a multinational professional provider of financial and audit assurance, taxation, consulting, and advisory services in more than 150 countries.
The client wanted to satisfy security, cost and flexibility concerns while transforming its workplace technologies. The five key challenges that needed to be addressed were:
- Flexibility and speed in responding to changing business requirements
- Faster and secure development of new applications and innovation
- Support framework for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies
- Support for off-shore and external vendors, partners and contractors
- Efficiency improvement and cost reduction in IT upgrades and maintenance
The scope of the engagement included managing a legacy IT ecosystem comprising 100,000 mailboxes and 200,000 mobility users, 3 data centers and 15,000 Virtual Desktops (VDs) to enhance digital end user experience aligned with the client’s workstyle and business ethos.
Microland used its automation-led digital workplace services and its continuous process improvement and innovation models to meet client goals. All the services and solutions were embedded with technology, automation and service integration empowering our client. Some of these solutions included:
- Mobile Device Management
- Off-shore mobile device support
- Secured Mailbox upgrade
Microland’s expertise in workplace transformation and its proactive investment in technologies that would benefit the client resulted in:
- $35,000 reduction in Service Desk cost
- 56% of devices being upgraded to the latest technology
- 80% improvement in security score directly improving digital user experience
- 71% reduction in slower-performing technologies to transform standard business process
In addition, Microland delivered transparent and consistently superior quality of service that ensured high levels of customer satisfaction.