and we will be happy to help.
Microland helped a global auto major boost its workforce productivity by 30% with Office 365
Microland’s client is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers headquartered in Asia and manufacturing units across North America and Europe. The premium brand is renowned for its world-first technologies, award-winning designs, highly refined style, and responsiveness, enabling an exceptional driving experience. The combined entities have a global strength of ~108,000 employees spread across multiple functions and geographies.
As a globally distributed and inorganically grown business, the client had disparate messaging, collaboration, content management, and security infrastructure (hardware, applications, management, etc.) leading to difficulty in adapting to the changing times, ensuring enterprise mobility, improving employee productivity, and meeting the ever-increasing demands of the customers worldwide. Additionally, the high-volume interactions within internal teams as well as across dealers, alliances, and partners were complex and costly.
The client was looking to consolidate the same across regions and adopting a mobile strategy for its workforce, thereby enhancing employee productivity and user experience. With its ability to help enterprises adopt seamless change management and deliver large programs from offshore during Covid-19, Microland partnered with the client to drive the change management initiative as well as ensure the organization-wide adoption of tools and best practices.
The client had multiple messaging and collaboration platforms governed by multi-hardware, multi-vendor, and disparate management processes. This led to technical overhead resulting in multiple security challenges. Also, due to multiple collaboration platforms (Skype, Zoom, Teams, etc.) in use, the client was unable to collaborate seamlessly and share content across entities, thus impacting productivity. Other challenges included:
- Outdated workplace tools leading to reduced employee satisfaction
- Lack of mobility/office anywhere working model resulting in dissatisfaction of business users across the globe
- Legacy on-premise Exchange 2010, 2013 messaging & collaboration infra leading to high TCO
- Dependency on 3rd party vendors for support & maintenance causing YoY TCO increase
- Complex and costly high-volume interaction within internal teams as well as dealers, alliances, and partners
- High volume of travel between offices for meetings due to distributed office locations
- Unreliable endpoints impacting the user experience
- Lack of endpoint data backup resulting in the risk of data loss
- Improved data security posture
- Enhanced real-time collaboration between multi-lingual workforce
- 17% increase in Microsoft Productivity Score
- 200+ champions trained on multiple changes across the enterprise
- 50%+ increase in Teams adoption across 6 months
- 150,000+ automated user communications
- 30 minutes+ savings in productivity using custom BOT solution
Microland’s organizational change management (OCM) advisory provided an end-to-end, cost-effective migration approach with a detailed strategy and plan that accelerated the digital transformation journey for the client. Microland's automation-driven technology, Intelligeni Transform, ensured error-free seamless migration driven by functionality such as readiness check and mitigation for dependent infrastructure – Network, Active Directory, Applications, self-service capabilities with automated communication and scheduling, and a single-pane of glass view of migration status for all key stakeholders. This resulted in the program realizing 30% faster time to value with 40% lesser effort.
With an objective to create a uniform identity management platform that facilitates uniform messaging & collaboration for enabling productivity gains, Microland helped the client:
- Implement Microsoft O365 suite, including SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Intune, and Configuration manager upgrade for endpoint management
- Design a Global O365 mail and collaboration architecture with global & regional security policy customizations
- Design a uniform SharePoint Online Enterprise-grade architecture and migrate multiple farms, sites, and custom workflows to SharePoint online
- Automate Zero-touch migration of user mailboxes to Exchange Online using Microland's Intelligeni Transform with self-schedule mailbox migration options
- Accelerate Teams adoption through persona definition and custom training across regions, ensuring a 360-degree adoption
- Conduct O365 product usage analysis and targeted campaign for non-active users
- Integrate Microsoft Teams with their specific applications
- Migrate users from multiple mobile platforms to Intune with optimal security policies to ensure mobility
- Build custom workflows using Power Platform within Microsoft Teams to automate mundane tasks and workflows
- By providing custom BOTs to reduce process overhead and time required for resolution
- Migrate 120k users from Legacy to Microsoft O365 environment using a structured Change and Adoption approach
Considering the scale of solution transformation, Microland adopted a multi-pronged migration and change adoption approach centered around its 4A framework for Office365. This was driven through several initiatives including:
- Roadshows, executive engagement & discussions
- Classroom training, webinars, and video-based tutorials
- O365 product usage analysis and targeted campaign for non-active users
- Dedicated support desk for answering “How do I”
- Email communication highlighting new features and benefits
Whether you are an enterprise with legacy and disparate identity, messaging, and collaboration infrastructure or someone who is planning an M&A and looking to adopt a common platform, Microland can be your best bet. Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can help you with a seamless Office 365 migration and change management adoption.