Security operations outsourcing to manage cyber risk
Microland provides Security Operations Services (SOC) to monitor, identify, contain and remediate threats to IT infrastructure and data for an India-based pharmaceutical company
Microland’s services include the creation of security procedures and processes with 24x7X365 threat monitoring and swift responses to Security Events.
▲ 24x7x365 Security Event monitoring for virus/malware outbreak on EOL systems/servers
▲ Anti-Virus compliance close to 97%
▲ Round the clock investigation of phishing attempts
The client is an India-based pharmaceutical and life sciences company with a global workforce of 7,700. Its businesses include drug discovery solutions, the manufacture of branded pharmaceuticals (APIs, solid dosage formulations, radio pharmaceuticals, allergy therapy products) and contract manufacturing of sterile injectables and non-sterile products.
The client wanted to ensure that all business-critical IT infrastructure and data were protected and all phishing campaigns, Trojans, DDoS and ransomware incidents were investigated, analyzed and managed. In addition, the client wanted SOC services such as Monitoring, Detection, Data Analysis, Response and Restoration, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) and collection of activities to address risk.
Microland did a comprehensive assessment of the client’s IT infrastructure before setting up:
- Security Monitoring
- By implementing McAfee SIEM solution
- Leveraging McAfee SIEM, Symantec, TrendMicro, DLP and Proxy for information security monitoring
- Enabling proactive security monitoring for each IT security tool in SOC
- Implementing and deploying TrendMicro Control Manager and migrating all the clients and OfficeScan servers to Control Manager
- Incident Response
- Client’s SOC team conducts 24x7x365 operations and responds to security incidents using the incident response lifecycle
- Creation, tracking and recoding of metrics for incidents, vulnerabilities, patching and remediation via SmartCenter dashboard
The client’s overall exposure to risk has been significantly mitigated. Microland’s SOC services and tools ensure 24x7 security event monitoring against threats from malware or virus outbreak on EOL systems/servers. All phishing attempts or user reported phishing emails are investigated round the clock with immediate action. All zero-day vulnerabilities and malware threats are addressed via threat intelligence and SOC advisories. Security incidents are handled and resolved within defined SLAs.