and we will be happy to help.
Microland Scaled Data Warehouse Platform for a US Insurance Company with Application Management Services
Founded in 1961 and headquartered in Los Angeles, the client is a multiple-line insurance organization which offers an array of insurances, including personal liability, automobile, homeowners, renters, and business insurance. With assets in excess of $5.9 Billion, the client employs 4,000+ people and has more than 9,400 independent agents.
The client wanted to take faster, analytics-based business decisions. They were looking for a solution that could scale their data warehouse platform and address performance issues arising due to the complex ecosystem of Hadoop and Netezza platforms. Key challenges faced by the client included:
- Poor end-user experience due to inconsistent incident resolution times
- Ineffective resource bandwidth management due to lack of automation in monitoring applications
- Low application availability due to lack of seamless round-the-clock application support, inefficient and slow build and deployments
Microland enabled data migration to cloud, application monitoring and application management capabilities of the client’s business-critical core insurance applications. The key objective was to monitor and manage real user experience, application performance and response time, infrastructure, and cloud environments. Our solution approach included:
- TCO analysis of multiple solutions that optimize the output such as license reuse, right-sizing storage by data type, and usage, cloud migration associated cost savings etc.
- Migration of existing IBM Netezza data warehouse and Hadoop to AWS Redshift and AWS Data Lake respectively. This helped the customer reduce license cost and EOL for Hadoop, and address scalability and performance issues in the current environment
- Designing an orchestrator workflow to continuously monitor and provide workarounds for application related issues
- Constantly measuring application performance, availability, and user experience to proactively identify and resolve application issues and minimize impact on customers
- Creating an efficient automation-based DB refresh solution which helped streamline reporting and governance
Business Benefits Delivered
Microland provided seamless round-the-clock application support along with efficient and agile build and deployments which led to the improved customer experience through proactive monitoring. Overall, this engagement provided our client with reduction in application operations costs through the implementation of Automation.