- Modern Workplace Services
- Network Services
- Cloud Services
- Smart Security Operations Center
- Industrial Safety Services
Industrial monitoring of 1500+ windfarms across 39 countries
Microland enabled the collection of data from geographically dispersed windfarms for asset performance monitoring for a Fortune 500 company
Microland’s IIoT team engineered and developed a robust Edge network that enabled the collection and monitoring of asset data.
▲Improved fleet availability to 98%
▲Improve asset productivity by 20%
▼Reduced MTTD (mean time to detect)
The client is a US-based Fortune 500 conglomerate with global operations and revenue of over $10 billion.
The client’s renewable energy business has 1,500+ windfarms with varied specifications from multiple OEMs. The client wanted to track the windfarms to ensure that power generation commitments from each was being met. The requirement, therefore, was to collect data from the assets for analysis. The challenge was to build an industrial scale network that would have the capacity to acquire data from the different data sources at each windfarm.
Microland developed the client’s IIoT Edge network, built the protocol tunnel and configured the protocol converter for data acquisition.
This solution collects and aggregates data from the site assets, SCADA, Historian and VPN systems. It then centralizes the data and converts it using the OPC standard for management. Apart from this, Microland also manages the network across the 1,500+ windfarms. The engagement has delivered:
- New site network builds, integration and project management
- New B2B VPN tunneling
- Remote management, operations, and maintenance support for industrial scale network infrastructure
- Managed services including coordination and enablement of issue resolution between IT, customer, account managers, other solution vendors
Microland’s IIoT and network management expertise have delivered the target results. The client is able to:
- Offer up to 98% availability on its fleet
- Gain analytical insights to improve asset productivity by 20%
- Centralize industrial monitoring and control
- Increase operational efficiency by reducing MTTD (mean time to detect)
- Ensure the highest levels of uptime for the Edge network and assets