- Modern Workplace Services
- Network Services
- Cloud Services
- Smart Security Operations Center
- Industrial Safety Services
Automation and analytics for better O365 RoI
Microland’s global delivery center ensures 100% adherence to data and security compliance, improved experience for 13,000+ users and enhanced ROI on O365 investments for a global software giant.
▲ Identified and blocked security threats by 51% for improved security score
▼ Reduced O365 management cost by 44%
The client is an American software corporation servicing clients across various industries with offices in 37+ countries.
The client’s O365 tenant was not configured with proper security controls and policies. In addition, there was a lack of structured reporting and accountability for O365 management. The client therefore did not have insights on O365 workload usage and license utilization. This was compounded by the fact that users were not aware of the new features and updates for O365, leading to below satisfactory levels of user experience.
The client needed to shift from the traditional approach of O365 management to an approach that was more user-centric and transparent. This meant monitoring and managing security threats in the O365 environment, optimizing utilization of licenses and improving consumption of O365 workloads to enhance user productivity.
Chosen by the client for its strong credentials as Microsoft’s ‘Best Infrastructure Services Partner’ for eight years, Microland as part of the solution, leveraged its 4 A Framework that has been devised to manage O365 with a user-centric approach. Automation and analytics were used to streamline operations and highlight license leakages. We continuously monitored the client’s O365 environment to identify vulnerabilities. This helped remediate the threats and keep the environment secure and compliant. Our advisory services provided new O365 features and updates mapped to the client’s environment. This helped to proactively train users and improve their experience.
The key deliverables included:
- Office 365 tenancy management
- License consumption tracking and reporting
- Mail routing, message hygiene, ProofPoint email security
- User, group, accounts and mailbox management
- Remote user access configurations and management
- Directory Sync and ADFS support
- Coordinating with Microsoft for any issues/configurations beyond the access to customer access portals
- O365 service upgrade advisory and management
The client achieved the target outcomes of improved security, along with half yearly audits and recommendations for upgrades; there was an improvement in user experience and as a consequence of workload planning and awareness/ training of users the client experienced an improvement in ROI. The benefits included:
- 100% adherence to data and security compliance
- Blocked security threats by 51% for improved security score
- O365 management cost reduced by 44%