MANAGED SECURITY OPERATIONS FOR 24X7 PROTECTION
Microland delivers a complete cybersecurity solution for one of the largest waste management solution providers in the US
Using leading cybersecurity technologies, a team of security experts and its global experience, Microland delivered a sophisticated IT security solution that included Identity and Access Management, Malware Analysis, Endpoint Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA) and Vulnerability Assessments.
▼97% reduction in mitigation time for security vulnerabilities
▲70% predictability of security breaches (up from 30%)
The client is the leading waste management service provider in the US. With annual revenue of $14 billion and 41,000 employees, they provide services from collection and disposal of waste to recycling and renewable energy generation.
The client wanted to protect business critical IT Infrastructure and IoT devices through security monitoring and prompt incident management. Its traditional, rule-based threat detection was no longer sufficient against evolving cyber threats and it was necessary to enhance the cybersecurity measures accordingly.
The client was handicapped by the fact that it lacked the resources to manage different technologies and in the absence of continuous network monitoring it was difficult to ensure 24X7 protection.
Microland took three key steps to improve security: it streamlined Identity & Access Management (IAM) processes, provided comprehensive end-point and web security and implemented ArcSight for log monitoring and analysis, FireEye for malware analysis and Rapid7 Nexpose for vulnerability assessment. The Managed Cybersecurity engagement also required Microland to take ownership of:
- Monitoring potential attacks and intrusion attempts through 24X7 security operations
- Managing rules for ArcSight (configure and customize) based on organizational policies and procedures along with incident management, vulnerability assessment, Anti-Virus (AV) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Reporting compliance and security posture using a real-time dashboard and reports to aid proactive response
The security service addressed 1000 vulnerabilities on DMZ Windows, Linux Servers and CSR work stations with the service provisioned across 23,000 devices.
Microland’s solutions optimized the client’s spends on IT security and also enhanced compliance and security posture. The solution put in place robust incident management capabilities. The improved security operations helped the client receive the top ‘BitSight’ rating for the industry. The key business outcomes included:
- 97% reduction in mitigation time for security vulnerabilities (from 48 hours to about an hour)
- Predictability of security breach went up to 70% as opposed to the earlier 30%
- Ensured seamless round-the-clock support with zero impact