and we will be happy to help.
Microland enhanced network performance and availability for one of the clients through Consulting and Assessment
The customer is the world’s largest professional services organization offering services around financial accounting & tax auditing, consulting, and advisory services on accounting, strategy, operations, HR, and technology. They have a workforce of 300,000+ employees across over 700 offices in more than 150 countries globally.
The customer had undergone a network technology transformation at its data centers and office locations. They had implemented the latest wireless infrastructure across their 750+ locations, transformed to SD WAN and brought in new tools to enhance automation opportunities. Despite the technology and tools transformation, the customer was facing challenges with network performance such as:
- Lack of proactive issue identification & resolution
- High MTTR (Mean Time to Resolve)
- Limited improvement in network performance & availability, user productivity, and user experience
The customer wanted to undertake an end-to-end Network Operations Assessment across LAN, WLAN, WAN, DC network, and perimeter Security infrastructure to identify gaps, root causes, and possible remediations.
Microland took a 3-step approach in the assessment and advisory on remediation to the customer:
Based on the gaps/issues identified, Microland provided a roadmap for operational transformation to the customer. The prioritized list of recommendations was divided into 3 phases:
Operations Hygiene – Most pressing problems that could be remediated in short term with minimal intervention were targeted:
- Improve wireless performance through identified technical actions.
- Increase engineer productivity through configuration remediation.
- Standardization of policies for security & compliance adherence.
- Faster resolution & processing through centralized documentation.
- Efficacy of monitoring tools for proactive issue identification.
Operations Maturation – This area focused on deepening automation capabilities, and tool rationalization leading to operational standardization and efficiency:
- Develop & operationalize best practices through updated standards & templates.
- Rationalize tools with effective adoption and consolidation.
- Enhance automation through:
- Integration of tools & ITSM for enhancing proactive issue identification & assignment.
- Implementation of Microland Intelligeni Bots for automated resolution.
- Automated approach for turnover to operations post refresh and transformation.
- Implement an analytics-to-action framework that co-relates network performance to user experience
Architectural Considerations – The final activity provided the customer with a roadmap of technology adoption to advance business and customer needs:
- Standardization of hybrid architecture
- Capacity augmentation and management
- Product & technology evaluation and adoption
- Cloud adoption acceleration
The customer has awarded Microland with a multi-year operations transformation project to remediate the gaps identified in the network operations and perimeter security management across its sites globally.