Partner or Vendor: Who should you engage with for SD-WAN and Managed Network Services?
Taking lessons learned from a Bacon-and-egg sandwich
You have perhaps heard this business story before:
Question: In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, what's the difference between the Chicken and the Pig?
Answer: The Chicken is involved, but the Pig commits!
We believe that this analogy well represents the difference between the benefits of engaging with a partner (which would be the pig) instead of a vendor (the chicken). A partner is always going to be more committed to your business.
Vendors are organizations that you must manage. Sometimes, they provide good service, often they do not. They are generally reactive and will do only that which you tell them to do.
Partners on the other hand share your goals, will consistently go the extra mile whenever needed, and work proactively with you to continuously raise performance.
Perhaps, one reason why several businesses struggle with growth is that they have relied on vendors for a long time for infrastructure and network management. As a result, they have not been getting the service or value that would propel their overall success.
Many businesses prefer vendors because it comes with less risk of disruption and also helps them maintain the status quo.
While it is always easy to select a replacement vendor, their services are vastly insufficient for an organization that needs to embrace the digital future.
Chances are that you have set your expectations too low because of the services that your current vendors provide.
Now is the time to change the path so that your business can reach a different and better place, and at a pace defined by you.
The Microland edge as an SD-WAN and Managed Network Services Partner
Your network is the backbone of your infrastructure connecting all other pieces, and it must become the enabler to your business digitization.
No enterprise becomes a successful digital business with a mediocre network. Many enterprises make the mistake of seeking economic optimization by bundling network management with transport thereby typically favouring a telco as the selected services provider.
Unless you are a very large organization, while you may gain a cost-benefit in such a scenario, history tells us that you are going to suffer in terms of service as most telcos are not known for their proactivity.
Thankfully, there is another means of accomplishing both cost and service advantage which comes by splitting network management away from the commodity transport links, awarding them separately, and charging the network management provider with operationally managing the transport provider(s).
In this paradigm, Microland can benefit you in the following ways as a partner:
- Smooth transition away from your current network services provider and quick stabilization of ongoing services from your current estate.
- An accelerated, optimized deployment of SD-WAN technology and internet-based circuitry that will increase the User Experience and operational agility of your WAN fabric and access to the cloud.
- An extreme focus on service quality that begins with providing complete real-time visibility against SLAs with transparency. The underlying metrics help with proactive measurement and management of User Experience in your network, and always include an incessant drive for continuous service improvement.
- Increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of your network through the development and deployment of a robust set of automation playbooks spanning technology and all ITIL processes and setting a course to treat your network infrastructure as code.
- Enabling future value by deploying a software-defined technical solution with the ability to scale and transform your network from a heterogeneous collection of providers to a single secure and performant fabric.
We have earned these titles because of our ability to act as a trusted partner (and not a vendor), to execute at the highest levels of performance driving both User Experience and Customer Satisfaction, and to proactively drive our clients’ digital transformations in a manner that increases their business capabilities.
Nov 14, 2022
Oct 25, 2022
Oct 17, 2022
Oct 10, 2022
Aug 29, 2022