and we will be happy to help
Define and implement effective cloud migration strategies to accelerate business outcomes
Cloud empowers global enterprises to build differentiated capabilities and power growth at speed. Running workloads on the cloud enables real-time performance management and drives efficiency which are key factors for the rise of cloud migrations which show no signs of slowing down.
A holistic cloud migration strategy can accelerate the return on cloud investment and support business goals while minimizing risks, disruption, and downtime. Most importantly, it requires careful analysis, planning, and execution to ensure compatibility with your business requirements. While creating cloud-native workloads is the most effective way to run a modern business, most enterprises opt for re-hosting (lift-and-shift) or re-platforming as an immediate approach. It offers a viable solution to optimize current workloads and become truly cloud native in the process. However, it is imperative to choose the most appropriate migration model based on the workload type. A well-executed cloud migration program should meet the following KPIs to prove beneficial for enterprises as they pivot to digital.
- Faster Migrations at Scale
- First Time Right Migrations
- Low Failure Rates
- Lower Total Cost of Migration
Leverage Factory Models to Accelerate Complex Cloud Migrations
Factory models play a crucial role in providing high efficiency and velocity for large-scale migrations while ensuring minimal disruption. Microland’s integrated tooling platform for project and technology management is specifically designed to run factory-based lift and shift migrations efficiently at a scale. It is specifically designed to run factory-based re-host and re-platform migrations seamlessly. We have incorporated our decades of experience in migrating data center workloads and fine-tuned it to fit cloud-specific needs. It enables data-driven management of tasks, resources, assets, and knowledge with reusable automation at its core.
Key features of our Platform-delivered Cloud Migration Services include:
Our migration platform brings industrialized capabilities along with exclusive pre-configured industry-specific tools, methods, and automation across all cloud models and multiple cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS). Our experts use it to identify the workloads to be migrated to the cloud, determine the migration method (lift and shift, cloud-native refactoring, etc.), and develop a high-level plan to execute the model.
Enterprise Deliverables During Cloud Migration
Our comprehensive cloud migration tool supports a smooth transition from on-premises to any cloud provider environment while addressing the following during a migration program:
- Create migration packages, sequences, and schedules
- Automate pre- and post-migration checks and configurations
- Reuse knowledge gained during previously concluded migration
- Ensure the highest productivity of migration engineers
- Efficiently allocate and reassign tasks to the right skilled SMEs
- Ensure compliance with security and governance policies
- Seamless handover to the operations team and decommissioning of source
Unleashing the Power of Automation
Integrated automation features can quickly automate technical tasks and configurations related to migrations in the factory such as:
1. Data Ingestion and Transformation
- Gathering inventory, dependency, workload readiness
- Integrations with CMDB, discovery and infra sizing tools
- Streamline various nomenclatures used within data
- Dependency definition and aggregation
2. Technical Task Automation
- Build automation, pre-migration runbooks
- Automation of migration technical tasks– agent install, configure, sync, retry etc.
- Migration error remediations and cutover runbooks
- Post migration configurations
- Decommission residual infrastructure
- Integration with configuration automation and migration tools
- Visualization and reporting
Value delivered to Clients
- Faster Migrations - Integrated tooling used in factory models operated by best-in-class talent expedites migrations by 30%
- Reduced Downtimes - Scheduling, knowledge base, automation and collaboration ensure reduced disruptions by 20%
- Maximized Productivity - Contextualized workload info and migration task list ensures maximum SME productivity
- Faster time to Decisions - Impactful insights for workload owners and engagement managers to make informed decisions
Microland's Cloud Migration Service is a Microsoft co-sell ready solution and a Microsoft preferred solution available on Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about how Microland can help enterprises validate their workloads, perform cut-over and go-live procedures, and migrate seamlessly to the cloud.
about our services?
Sunil SaratSenior Vice President & Global Client Solutions Leader - Cloud, Data Center & Digital WorkplaceWith 20+ years of experience in Infrastructure & Cloud, Sunil’s core responsibilities at Microland include creating new services & solutions that drive Microland’s customers digital transformation roadmap.
Benil George P JAssociate Vice President, Client Solutions - Cloud & DCWith focused expertise on Cloud infrastructure, Benil is responsible to incubate new technologies and services that accelerate customer’s digital journeys. As a certified Cloud Architect, he specializes in standardization and governance of highly dynamic, cloud-enabled infrastructure using models that leverage GitOps, SRE, and IaC.
Anand IyerClient Solutions Leader, EMEAAnand has been accelerating Cloud adoption and modernising operations for Microland’s customers in the EMEA region for 12+ years. Anand has 25+ years’ of Architecture, Consulting and Delivery experience across multiple industry verticals.