and we will be happy to help
Strategic Cost and Performance Management Consulting
Microland Strategic Cost and Performance Management (SCPM) offering focuses on evaluating the IT infrastructure estate of an enterprise including on-premises infrastructure, cloud and data centers, network deployments, digital workplace environments, cybersecurity implementations as well as operational and service management workflows to identify opportunities to improve performance and optimize costs.
Cloud adoption, business resiliency and predictive operations have emerged as top priorities for global enterprises. SCPM consulting aims to strategically reduce costs without impairing business operations or productivity. The resulting cost savings can help improve cashflows to fuel growth and sustenance. With SCPM, our consulting experts aim to achieve:
- Optimized business and service models for higher value, resilience, and availability
- Cloud-led operations and transformation to drive performance
- User Experience-driven digital transformation to boost productivity
- Sustained TCO reduction and risk mitigation
- Product and services portfolio rationalization for profitability
Snapshot of Key Service Offerings
While SCPM holistically covers the entire IT Infrastructure landscape, we also provide modular offerings to address specific functions. The SCPM focus areas are segregated into four key towers:
- Cloud, Apps and Data Centers
- Digital Workplace
- Network and Cybersecurity
- Service Management
Our experts can provide cross tower consulting services customized to meet the needs of our clients.
Our experts adopt a pragmatic approach to identify avenues where technology resources are not deployed or used optimally in an enterprise landscape. They provide a holistic and a neutral viewpoint of how the current technology posture can be improved to maximize value from technology investments, improve performance and security postures, and enhance end-user experience.
Our approach is based on four key principles:
We analyze the current business and IT requirements and constraints, assess the IT estate maturity and compare that against the industry benchmarks and Microland Gold Standard.
While the focus is primarily on cost and performance optimization of IT operations through an ‘Optimize and Stabilize’ approach, we also assess the ongoing transformation initiatives and recommend additional transformation themes on Day 1 that can be embedded into the transformation roadmap over the consulting engagement.
We analyze and identify cost levers across three key categories that help achieve the desired outcomes:
- ‘Operating Model’ change provides ~40% cost reduction from Day 1 with right shoring, insourcing to outsourcing, structural optimizations, role rationalization, and a predictable as-a-service commercial model.
- ‘Operations Transformation’ focuses on modernizing the current delivery services with knowledge and SOP-driven operations, shifting from siloed service SLAs to business SLAs, and shift-left operations by injecting automation through self-service catalog and self-healing scripts leading to ~30% cost reduction.
- ‘Technology Transformation’ drives mid to long-term improvements in the IT estate by maximizing current technology investments, reducing technology debt, and implementing a next-gen management platform built on a minimal / no-ops model thereby achieving ~30% savings.
Microland’s SCPM focuses on reducing costs and investing back in opportunities to drive growth over time. We are committed to deliver tangible outcomes and our customers have realized 30% to 35% TCO reduction over a period of 4-5 years. Improved security posture, reliability, and service availability all contribute to enhanced brand loyalty and user experience.
Success speaks for itself! Microland SCPM Consulting engagements have delivered 30% to 35% cost savings for several of our customers.
about our services?
Atul KumarVice President, Global Consulting and Digital TransformationWith 25+ yrs experience, Atul has worked with enterprise clients globally on their Digital Transformation journeys, helping them drive business value and transform IT Landscape across private/public cloud, modern workplace and security leveraging the best of digital technologies. In his current role, Atul is responsible for driving strategic conversations and digital transformation initiatives with customers.
Yamini SunderasanSenior Consulting Director - TechnologyYamini has over 20 years of experience in managing large IT delivery teams, implementing SRE and championing digital transformation for clients globally. Her expertise includes designing and leading tailored consulting engagements that leverage industry best practices and evolving technology trends. At Microland, she leads the Service Management and Digital Transformation consulting initiatives for North American enterprises.