Server infrastructure support for speed
Microland’s services resulted in a major improvement in build timelines for servers
Using process and workflow automation, Microland improved timelines for server build and refresh activities while identifying and decommissioning 700 unused servers to reduce costs.
▲35% enhancement in build speeds for physical servers
▲50% enhancement in build speeds for virtual servers
The client is a US-based Fortune 20 conglomerate with diverse business interests spanning energy, health services, capital finance, health, consumer goods, electronics, home and transportation across the globe.
The client, spread across 160 countries and 600 sites, had more than 38 datacenter locations, taking away focus from its core business. This high number of datacenters was a result of the diversified nature of the client’s business along with multiple acquisitions and divestures. The client needed a 24*7 team to govern, execute and report build and refresh activities worldwide to improve KPIs and meet business demands.
As part of the engagement to provide build and manage services, Microland undertook the following:
- Build physical and virtual servers across remote locations and datacenters using process and workflow automation
- Tech refresh and data migration for remote sites
- Rooftop integration for acquisition/divestures transition
- Enabling physical to virtual migrations and Virtual-2-Virtual cloning
- Decommissioning of physical and virtual servers
- Enable new servers in minimum time with minimum loss of data and disruption of services
Microland also designed an innovative solution to run independent tasks in parallel while facilitating early availability of compute resources to stake holders. We also identified and redeployed underutilized servers and decommissioned 700 unused servers to reduce cost of infrastructure.
- 35% and 50% enhancement in build speeds for physical and virtual servers respectively
- 95% First call resolution on server OS build issues