AVP - Cloud&Datacenter Practice
Title: AVP Data Center & Cloud
Location: Bangalore, India
Duration: Long Term
Experience: 20+ years of experience in Information Technology with 15 years in Datacenter and Cloud
Basic Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced certifications are valuable & Masters degree is desirable.
Roles & Responsibilities: The Vice President of Data Center & Cloud Operations is responsible for leading and executing DC and Cloud operations strategy. He / She will ensure current and future business needs are met and Data Center & Cloud operations are managed effectively in all markets.
Technology Datacenter & Cloud
- Provide strategic guidance for the organization, track interesting trends on emerging technologies that are relevant to the organization and take advantage of such technology trends
- Creation of Service Catalogue for the service line
- Creation of what SLA &/ XLA can be offered with services for new deals
- Defining Maturity model of Service Line , KPIs and Processes associated.
- Develop a strategy that incorporates the roadmap, processes, procedures, standards for BAU and projects
- Defining Maturity model of technology within the Service line
- Benchmarking on service line and technologies with industry and research group
- Best practices adoptions from Industry and research group
- Create Catchup plans for Service line, Latest technology, OEMs
- Accelerators introduction as part of transformation
- Assessment of Client environments on service line & recommendation
- Identify the opportunities for process improvements along with its automation proposal plan, which should include gap and influence/benefit analysis concerning pre and post automation
- Transition of service line successfully for new deals
- Involvement during New deals , Solutioning and solution vetting
- Proven track record as a PM lead in implementing technology projects.
- Work closely with delivery teams so that they understand the process to and assist with the creation of their solution design, ensuring they deliver a solution that meets the business requirements.
- Acting as a central point of knowledge and control for business processes, communicating with the developers, subject matter experts (SMEs) and the business process owners to answer any queries that arise during the development and testing of an automated solution.
- Develop and establish oneself as an industry and Microland thought leader
- Cloud & IT Infra strategy & roadmap planning, business case development for clients
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, CoE & Delivery teams to provide your domain expertise and represent our company and industry centric solutions in front of customers and prospects
- Working with the Marketing team to help define sales messages and marketing collaterals for the industry
- Collaborating with the Presales and Solution team during the implementation of solutions at customer sites for right insights and handoffs to ensure client satisfaction
- Understand end to end services of the customer and their business, specific market competition and their unique go to market capabilities/differentiators which are key for customer success.
- Actively participate in customer meetings/conferences/earning calls whenever opportunity exists that will enable us to build Microland solutions/technology that can be customized/build to drive efficiencies or solve areas of opportunities within customer environment.
- Relentless persuasion of excellence across services being delivered that will drive customer advocacy and take a permanent seat as a trusted advisor for any existing and new services.
- Ensure availability as an when required by the customer, represent Microland, especially at times when customer would need the most for example, production outages or business planning etc.
- Bring in fresh ideas/thoughts/best practices to customer that will continue to solidify the customer and Microland partnership.
- Develop Proof of Concept or author whitepaper
- Applicant should have:
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in a senior management role that requires the influencing top management to ensure success
- Experience working with sales teams and directly with International clients.
- Proven track record in implementing technical projects with India based delivery organization for global customers.
- An eye for detail, diligence.
- Good understanding of technical domains.
- Ability to show “thought leadership” in client meetings
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Should be comfortable in the role of a “Mentor”
- Focus on the needs of his team and the client
- Drive to continuously develop skills and knowledge in self and others
Revenue & Margin:
- Complete knowledge of business and financial acumen in dealing with procurement, legal, account management, finance departments of both customer and Microland.
- Well versed with account planning, budgeting, revenue targets, margins, profitability, and developing strategies to meet set targets.
- Managing profitability in business engagement by tracking work statements, budgeting the entire proceedings, and providing optimum management of time and resource.
- Achievement of the account margin goals for the year. Formal internal reviews for published plans vs actuals.
- Ability to understand, derive action plans from the monthly profitability reports published by finance.
- Prepare operational budget and execute within the approved guidelines.
- Work with senior executives, across geography for preparation of the operational presentations and budgets
- Service Delivery organization to be managed with the pre-approved budget.
- Control the cost of the program and set metrics and periodic reviews for the optimum delivery of the program.
Manage total revenue and improve revenue generation
- Lead a team of Engagement of Service delivery directors to drive growth and Operational Excellence.
- Accountable for overall Services delivered to the customer, own end to end operations, metrics, process, reports, customer reviews, potential/identified risks and their mitigation plan and quality of service.
- Responsible for delivering agreed service levels and defined key performance indicators/project milestones for the account.
- Develop and execute business strategies to attain organizational, account and team goals and objectives.
- Driven individual with a passion for extraordinary execution and passion for results that exceed expectations.
- Comprehensive understanding and application of all relevant organization policies, procedures and operational frameworks.
- Possesses strong business and industry acumen and uses this knowledge to initiate and/or develop client relationships and contribute to contract negotiations.
- Foster a culture that strives for service quality, collaborative efforts, knowledge sharing and competitive agility at all levels of the technology organization, passion and commitment to excellence. Own people’s growth and creating technical opportunities as part of career enhancement.
- Sound knowledge of emerging technologies, platforms, tools and products and their respective applications.
- Awareness of global industry trends and directions along with its impact on Datacenter services and Cloud services. Build Whitespace analysis to cover end to end technology Matrix.
- Identify, evaluate and select innovative approaches in similar industry or competitors to enhance the project portfolio, competitive infrastructure and delivery mechanisms to ensure service levels and technology support are always competitive and exceed customer expectations.
- Experience In Desgin, implement and support services of Largescale size Data center On prem and Hybrid models with Transformation solutions.
- Worked on complex deals/solutions that have Infrastructure services related to Private/Hybrid Clouds, Compute, Hyper-converged and Converged Infra, VMWare technologies, database, Storage/Backup, Network/Communication, Enterprise Monitoring and Management Tools and Automation. Experience in Linux operating system
- Exposure to all service lines In Data center and virtualization
- Exposure of Datacenter Automations on service lines and driving cost down
- Awareness of Datacenter Service Cost going down due to adoption of Virtualization and Cloud services adoption
- Manage the vision, design and deployment of cloud infrastructure, including compute, storage, and network systems for cloud hosting
- Provide cloud hosting service management strategy, process, and procedures across the organization
- Lead a consistent, measurable process to operationalize and scale cloud based strategic initiatives and execution
- Thorough understanding on Cloud IAAS, PAAS and SAAS services
- Translate business requirements / problems into technical architectures utilizing Public Cloud (AWS/Azure) and complementary technologies
- Provide Public Cloud advisory and consulting services to customers including assessments, present recommendations, migration roadmaps, architectures & designs
- Analyze, recommend, and present approaches to customer’s complex problems based on prior experience and researches
- Architect / design / deploy Public Cloud IaaS and PaaS solutions based on a range of Public Cloud technologies and services
- Conduct Public Cloud PoCs, deployment and migration of various workloads to Public Cloud services from traditional infrastructure or other Clouds
- Conduct Public Cloud readiness assessments and evaluations and delivery of assessment reports, architecture/ design/ deployment documents & presentations
- Actively contribute to deployment, migration and automation of various workloads movement to Public Cloud using Public Cloud best practices
- Provide escalation support to Managed services teams on complex incidents requiring high technical skills
- Collaborate with customer’s functional and technical teams to ensure Public Cloud based solutions are appropriately architected, engineered, tested, & deployed
- Own the technical engagement and ensure success around specific design and implementation projects utilizing Public Cloud technologies and services
- Deep expertise of AWS/Azure IaaS and PaaS and Serverless products generally used for hosting traditional and modern apps
- Deep knowledge of Linux and internals and strong hands-on with the Linux system
- Thorough understanding of and working experience with network technologies like routing, DNS, load balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Thorough understanding of and working experience on security concepts and technologies such as firewalls, encryption, key management, identity and access(IAM).
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure deployment, configuration management tools – ARM, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible
- Strong scripting/programming skills (Python or Go) for automation and experience in managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Experience on containers including setting up and managing registries, container and image security, building images, deploying containers
- Experience in setting up and managing medium /large scale Kubernetes environments including monitoring, service mesh, networking and security
- Experience in setting up, integrating and managing CI/CD pipelines using popular tools such as Jenkins/ Azure DevOps /Code Pipeline
- Good understanding of modern application architectures, APIs, App lifecycle management, release strategies and SQL & NoSQL databases
- Fair understanding of agile development methods, DevOps principles, concepts of - design for failure, chaos engineering and IaC.
- Interact with multiple OEMs/OESPs to achieve integrated solutions and develop strategic relationships
Skill sets expected:
- 20+ years BU Management or Technology Management experience in global IT organization.
- Broad industry experience with global IT perspective.
- Ability to handle senior management level people in the Accounts and Engagement management
- Understanding of industry best practices for BU Management.
- Technical aptitude for IT , Datacenter & Cloud Life Cycle Management.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Good facilitator and instructor, capable of producing quality documentation, good customer relationship skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical details into coherent technical solution.
- Ability to lead business managers and project teams to consensus.
- Confidence to speak-up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives. Desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback.
- Desirable Certification: AWS Architect Professional (active) or Azure Solutions Architect Expert (Active)