Sr. Director-DWP, Service Mgmt
Title: AVP Digital Work Space
Location: Bangalore, India
Duration: Long Term
Experience: 20+ Years of relevant experience
Basic Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced certifications are valuable & Masters degree is desirable.
Roles & Responsibilities: The purpose of this role is to manage the Digital Work Space service line, provide leadership for the next stage of Company’s growth and transformation, including building and strengthening Company’s digital platforms.
Digital Work Space:
- Provide strategic guidance for the organization, track interesting trends on emerging technologies that are relevant to the organization and take advantage of such technology trends
- Develop high quality thought leadership on Digital Strategy, Digital Business Models, Transformation Strategies and Roadmap Design
- Develop Industry relevant Digital Business visions, models, implications and tradeoffs
- Creation of Service Catalogue for the service line
- Creation of what SLA &/ XLA can be offered with services for new deals
- Defining Maturity model of Service Line, KPIs and associated Processes.
- Develop a strategy that incorporates the roadmap, processes, procedures, standards for BAU and projects
- Defining Maturity model of technology within the Service line
- Benchmarking on service line and technologies with industry and research group
- Best practices adoptions from Industry and research
- Create Catchup plans for Service line, Latest technology, OEMs
- Accelerators introduction as part of transformation
- Assessment of Client environments on service line & recommendation
- Identify the opportunities for process improvements along with its automation proposal plan, which should include gap and influence/benefit analysis concerning pre and post automation
- Successful Due Diligence & Transition of service line for new deals
- Involvement during New deals, Solutioning and solution vetting
- Proven track record as a PM lead in implementing technology projects.
- Work closely with delivery teams so that they understand the process to and assist with the creation of their solution design, ensuring they deliver a solution that meets the business requirements.
- Acting as a central point of knowledge and control for business processes, communicating with the developers, subject matter experts (SMEs) and the business process owners to answer any queries that arise during the development and testing of an automated solution.
- Develop and establish oneself as an industry and Microland thought leader
- Collaborate with Pre-Sales, CoE & Delivery teams to provide your domain expertise and represent our company and industry centric solutions in front of customers and prospects
- Working with the Marketing team to help define sales messages and marketing collaterals for the industry
- Collaborating with the Presales and Solution team during the implementation of solutions at customer sites for right insights and handoffs to ensure client satisfaction
- Lead proposal development, negotiation and commercial terms for large deals. Regularly monitor sales trends, market dynamics and incorporate into existing account strategy and plan
- Understand end to end services of the customer and their business, specific market competition and their unique go to market capabilities/differentiators which are key for customer success.
- Actively participate in customer meetings/conferences/earning calls whenever opportunity exists that will enable us to build Microland solutions/technology that can be customized/build to drive efficiencies or solve areas of opportunities within customer environment.
- Relentless persuasion of excellence across services being delivered that will drive customer advocacy and take a permanent seat as a trusted advisor for any existing and new services.
- Ensure availability as an when required by the customer, represent Microland, especially at times when customer would need the most for example, production outages or business planning etc.
- Bring in fresh ideas/thoughts/best practices to customer that will continue to solidify the customer and Microland partnership.
- Developing and execute client marketing strategy along with the Marketing function
- Applicant should have:
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in a senior management role that requires the influencing top management to ensure success
- Experience working with sales teams and directly with International clients.
- Proven track record in implementing technical projects with India based delivery organization for global customers.
- An eye for detail, diligence.
- Good understanding of technical domains.
- Ability to show “thought leadership” in client meetings
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Should be comfortable in the role of a “Mentor”
- Focus on the needs of his team and the client
- Drive to continuously develop skills and knowledge in self and others
Revenue & Margin:
- Complete knowledge of business and financial acumen in dealing with procurement, legal, account management, finance departments of both customer and Microland.
- Well versed with account planning, budgeting, revenue targets, margins, profitability, and developing strategies to meet set targets.
- Managing profitability in business engagement by tracking work statements, budgeting the entire proceedings, and providing optimum management of time and resource.
- Achievement of the account margin goals for the year. Formal internal reviews for published plans vs actuals.
- Ability to understand, derive action plans from the monthly profitability reports published by finance.
- Prepare operational budget and execute within the approved guidelines.
- Work with senior executives, across geography for preparation of the operational presentations and budgets
- Service Delivery organization to be managed with the pre-approved budget.
- Control the cost of the program and set metrics and periodic reviews for the optimum delivery of the program.
Manage total revenue and improve revenue generation
- Lead a team of Engagement of Service delivery directors to drive growth and Operational Excellence.
- Accountable for overall Services delivered to the customer, own end to end operations, metrics, process, reports, customer reviews, potential/identified risks and their mitigation plan and quality of service.
- Responsible for delivering agreed service levels and defined key performance indicators/project milestones for the account.
- Develop and execute business strategies to attain organizational, account and team goals and objectives.
- Driven individual with a passion for extraordinary execution and passion for results that exceed expectations.
- Comprehensive understanding and application of all relevant organization policies, procedures and operational frameworks.
- Possesses strong business and industry acumen and uses this knowledge to initiate and/or develop client relationships and contribute to contract negotiations.
- Foster a culture that strives for service quality, collaborative efforts, knowledge sharing and competitive agility at all levels of the technology organization, passion and commitment to excellence. Own people’s growth and creating technical opportunities as part of career enhancement.
- Sound knowledge of emerging technologies, platforms, tools and products and their respective applications.
- Awareness of global industry trends and directions along with its impact on Digital services. Build Whitespace analysis to cover end to end technology Matrix.
- Identify, evaluate and select innovative approaches in similar industry or competitors to enhance the project portfolio, competitive infrastructure and delivery mechanisms to ensure service levels and technology support are always competitive and exceed customer expectations.
- Been involved in establishing a strategy and roadmap for a Digital Business, across its enterprise (customer, operations, employees, partners)
- Been involved in helping a legacy business transition towards becoming a Digital Business
- Detailed understanding of Digital business models and drivers across the value chain
- Detailed understanding of transformation strategies and plans
- Project management experience with track record of delivering to time and budget
- AD- Have good Knowledge of AD Roles, Global Catalog Server, AD Group Policy, Knowledge of AD tools. Working knowledge of deploying Windows Group Policies and resolving any issues w.r.t to Group policies
- Win 7 /8 /10 Have excellent working knowledge of Windows 7 transition planning, Good Working knowledge on Win 7 deployment and Image Engineering. Knowledge on MDT 2010 framework deployment Image & SOE creation.
- Have Working knowledge of Deployment of Win 10 features such as Bit locker / Bit lockers to go (encryption) or 3rd party encryptions as per customer requirement, Direct Access etc.
- Have Good working knowledge of Windows 10 deployment Process creation and Win 10 rollout using Zero touch deployment (leveraging desktop management tools like SCCM), Lite touch /Manual deployment, Bare-metal deployment.
- Good understanding on Image engineering and Software distribution.
- Hand on deploying Service Desk Ops, KPI maturity model, Service desk Transformations.
- Direct access & Branch Cache- Have good working knowledge of Design and Deployment of Direct Access and Branch Cache
- Desktop Virtualization & MDOP
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft VDI framework.
- Have Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Optimization (MDOP) technologies -
- App-V – Have Good Working knowledge of Application Virtualization technologies (apps sequencing and virtualization)
- Have Good Working knowledge of MED-V – O/S virtualization and provisioning
- Have Good Working knowledge of AGPM - Group Policy management for greater control
- Have Good Working knowledge of Troubleshooting and repairing system failures (DaRT)
- MBAM - Manage/Recover BitLocker protection keys and compliance monitoring.
- Assessment tools- Have excellent working knowledge of Application compatibility assessment and remediation on Microsoft ACT framework. Good working knowledge on MAP based assessment and validation.
- Have an excellent knowledge on Unified Communication such as instant messaging (chat), presence information, voice (including IP telephony), mobility features (including extension mobility and single number reach), audio, web & video conferencing
- Have an excellent knowledge on Mobility VDI/DAAS, BYOD, MAM/MDM
Skill sets expected:
- 20+ years BU Management or Technology Management experience in global IT organization.
- Broad industry experience with global IT perspective.
- Ability to handle senior management level people in the Accounts and Engagement management
- Understanding of industry best practices for BU Management.
- Technical aptitude for IT and (all areas) and Digital Transformations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Good facilitator and instructor, capable of producing quality documentation, good customer relationship skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical details into coherent technical solution.
- Ability to lead business managers and project teams to consensus.
- Confidence to speak-up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives. Desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback.