AVP - Application Support
Title: AVP Application Support
Location: Bangalore, India
Duration: Long Term
Experience: 20+ Years of relevant experience of Application Life Cycle Management.
Basic Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced certifications are valuable & Masters are desirable.
Roles & Responsibilities: The purpose of this role is to have a leader to manage the Application support service line.
Application Support Delivery:
- Provide strategic guidance for the organization, track interesting trends on emerging technologies that are relevant to the organization and take advantage of such technology trends
- Creation of Service Catalogue for the service line
- Creation of what SLA &/ XLA can be offered with services for new deals
- Defining Maturity model of Service Line, KPIs and associated Processes.
- Develop a strategy that incorporates the roadmap, processes, procedures, standards for BAU and projects
- Defining Maturity model of technology within the Service line
- Benchmarking on service line and technologies with industry and research group
- Best practices adoptions from Industry and research
- Create Catchup plans for Service line, Latest technology, OEMs
- Accelerator introduction as part of transformation
- Assessment of Client environments on service line & recommendation
- Identify the opportunities for process improvements along with its automation proposal plan, which should include gap and influence/benefit analysis concerning pre and post automation
- Successful Due Diligence and Transition of service line for new deals
- Involvement during New deals, Solutioning and solution vetting
- Proven track record as a PM lead in implementing technology projects.
- Work closely with delivery teams so that they understand the process to and assist with the creation of their solution design, ensuring they deliver a solution that meets the business requirements.
- Acting as a central point of knowledge and control for business processes, communicating with the developers, subject matter experts (SMEs) and the business process owners to answer any queries that arise during the development and testing of an automated solution.
- Develop and establish oneself as an industry and Microland thought leader
- Collaborate with Sales & Delivery teams to provide your domain expertise and represent our company and industry centric solutions in front of customers and prospects
- Collaborating with the Presales and Solution team during the implementation of solutions at customer sites for right insights and handoffs to ensure client satisfaction
- Understand end to end services of the customer and their business, specific market competition and their unique go to market capabilities/differentiators which are key for customer success.
- Actively participate in customer meetings/conferences/earning calls whenever opportunity exists that will enable us to build Microland solutions/technology that can be customized/build to drive efficiencies or solve areas of opportunities within customer environment.
- Relentless persuasion of excellence across services being delivered that will drive customer advocacy and take a permanent seat as a trusted advisor for any existing and new services.
- Ensure availability as an when required by the customer, represent Microland, especially at times when customer would need the most for example, production outages or business planning etc.
- Bring in fresh ideas/thoughts/best practices to customer that will continue to solidify the customer and Microland partnership.
- Developing and execute client marketing strategy along with the Marketing function
- Applicant should have:
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in a senior management role that requires the influencing top management to ensure success
- Experience working with sales teams and directly with International clients.
- Proven track record in implementing technical projects with India based delivery organization for global customers.
- An eye for detail, diligence.
- Good understanding of technical domains.
- Ability to show “thought leadership” in client meetings
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Should be comfortable in the role of a “Mentor”
- Focus on the needs of his team and the client
- Drive to continuously develop skills and knowledge in self and others
Revenue & Margin:
- Complete knowledge of business and financial acumen in dealing with procurement, legal, account management, finance departments of both customer and Microland.
- Well versed with account planning, budgeting, revenue targets, margins, profitability, and developing strategies to meet set targets.
- Managing profitability in business engagement by tracking work statements, budgeting the entire proceedings, and providing optimum management of time and resource.
- Achievement of the account margin goals for the year. Formal internal reviews for published plans vs actuals.
- Ability to understand, derive action plans from the monthly profitability reports published by finance.
- Prepare operational budget and execute within the approved guidelines.
- Work with senior executives, across geography for preparation of the operational presentations and budgets
- Service Delivery organization to be managed with the pre-approved budget.
- Control the cost of the program and set metrics and periodic reviews for the optimum delivery of the program.
- Manage total revenue and improve revenue generation
- Lead a team of Engagement of Service delivery directors to drive growth and Operational Excellence.
- Accountable for overall Services delivered to the customer, own end to end operations, metrics, process, reports, customer reviews, potential/identified risks and their mitigation plan and quality of service.
- Responsible for delivering agreed service levels and defined key performance indicators/project milestones for the account.
- Develop and execute business strategies to attain organizational, account and team goals and objectives.
- Driven individual with a passion for extraordinary execution and passion for results that exceed expectations.
- Comprehensive understanding and application of all relevant organization policies, procedures and operational frameworks.
- Possesses strong business and industry acumen and uses this knowledge to initiate and/or develop client relationships and contribute to contract negotiations.
- Foster a culture that strives for service quality, collaborative efforts, knowledge sharing and competitive agility at all levels of the technology organization, passion and commitment to excellence. Own people’s growth and creating technical opportunities as part of career enhancement.
- Sound knowledge of emerging technologies, platforms, tools and products and their respective applications.
- Awareness of global industry trends and directions along with its impact on Digital services. Build Whitespace analysis to cover end to end technology Matrix.
- Identify, evaluate and select innovative approaches in similar industry or competitors to enhance the project portfolio, competitive infrastructure and delivery mechanisms to ensure service levels and technology support are always competitive and exceed customer expectations.
- Relevant experience in Apps Development & Support.
- Extensive experience system analysis and in programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Applications Development
- Hands on Application Life Cycle Management
- Experience in building self-service platform agnostic data access APIs
- Service oriented architecture, and data standards like JSON, Avro, Parquet
- Experience in building advanced analytical models based on business context
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience is required.
- Experience in SCMs like GIT; and tools like JIRA
- Strong systems analysis, design and architecture fundamentals, Unit Testing and other SDLC activities
- Prior and Relevant experience as an Architect in a web environment doing development with Java/JEE.
- Full life cycle J2EE hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications on high traffic Internet site(s)
- Hands-on experience with Micro Services, REST, Java Web Services, JMS, XML, JSON, and messaging techniques
- Spring Dependency Injection and other core Spring features.
- Performance testing, tuning and analysis experience.
- Hands on experience using APM tools like (DynaTrace, Splunk).
- Hand on experience with debugging, configuration and tuning of Application server, JVM, OS and databases.
- Proficient in agile software development process, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Red Hat OpenShift container platform to setup CI/CD pipeline.
- Involved in Kubernetes implementation projects previously.
- Hands on Kubernetes Architectural components, communications and flows.
- Must be proficient in writing Kubernetes object YAML files e.g. Service, POD, Container, Route, Storage, Volume template files, Docker files, Jenkins files, Groovy scripts to run containers
- Well versed with DevOps architectural patterns, Best practices, CI/CD practices using various DevOps tools.
- Should have worked with multiple DevOps projects.
- Hands-on working knowledge on multiple customer projects:
- OpenShift or similar Kubernetes platform
- Ansible, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory, OpenShift, Docker, RHEL Linux, Networking fundamental, Groovy scripting
- Must have worked on at least one development project as developer (e.g. Java, .NET, Angular)
- Must have very clear understanding of Kubernetes platform object creation files.
- Knowledge of application architecture, including application servers, integration patterns, microservices, JEE, continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD), using Jenkins, JIRA, Bitbucket, Ansible, Artifactory, Groovy Scripting, RHEL Linux, Networking fundamentals.
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture
- Bitbucket, Artifactory, OpenShift, Docker, RHEL Linux, Networking fundamental, Groovy scripting
- 20+ years BU Management or Technology Management experience in global IT organization.
- Broad industry experience with global IT perspective.
- Ability to handle senior management level people in the Accounts and Engagement management
- Understanding of industry best practices for BU Management.
- Technical aptitude for IT and (all areas) and Digital Transformations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Good facilitator and instructor, capable of producing quality documentation, good customer relationship skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical details into coherent technical solution.
- Ability to lead business managers and project teams to consensus.
- Confidence to speak-up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives. Desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback.